Prepare to flare this season as flared pants and jeans are having a fashion moment once more. Seventies-style flares are back in new cuts and fabrics.
The Advantages of Flared Jeans
- Get the cut right and flared trousers will lengthen legs, making you look taller.
- Seventies high-waisted styles give the impression of slimmer stomachs and hips.
|Mira & Margherita|
|Mira & Nata|
How to Wear
- One word – heels! Wide flares need height to carry them off, so unless you have skyscraper legs, wearing them with flat sandals is a fashion faux pas. The season’s 70s revival sees wedges and platforms, which are actually easier to walk in that ordinary stilettos.
- Wear with a baggy blouse or a simple tee or fine knit, tucked in at the waist
- If wearing white flared jeans go for a top-to-toe look in a single color block. Pair with a fitted white blazer and top. This ticks three trend boxes in one; flared pants, all white, and a tailored summer blazer.